Thursday, April 16, 2015

Post Patch Problems with the Challenge

*Important links at the bottom!! Please read! :D



First off, hi everyone!! So happy that so many of you are excited and wanting to play this challenge!! It is a fun challenge and it is definitely a huge challenge!! When I say it's a huge challenge I really mean it! Which brings me to what I want to talk about.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, on the same day that I announced this challenge, EA decides to put out a patch for Get to Work. Well because of the outcry by so many players who were sick of being abducted and their males made pregnant, they decided to "fix" for them. This is what they decided to do:

"We've reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter."

I have been vigorously testing the challenge, "post patch", off camera, and the results are not good. To put it bluntly, EA broke the game, so far as alien abductions or male pregnancy is concerned, so sad!

I have had my male sim woohooing try for baby, with Alien ladies, like a hopped up freezer bunny!! The results of alien babies are fantastic...for the females. Out of all the pregnancies, that resulted in babies being born, none of them count because he was never pregnant or gave birth. He has still not been able to get pregnant once. 

Here is an example of what I would do: I would get the female alien to woohoo try for baby, get out of bed, then click on her, woohoo try for baby, rinse and repeat all night long or until he could not do it anymore. So this is testing so I started to "cheat" and I started cheating to fix his motives and kept on just woohooing try for baby. It turned out to be so many times, that eventually woohoo try for baby would not come up in options, because she was pregnant. 

So yes I do think that male pregnancy has totally been broken!! EA need to repair this stat!! It has not only broken this challenge, but broken the alien game play, so far as male pregnancy is concerned AND alien abduction too! This leads me to testing alien abduction.

So, I hear that using the satellite, from the scientist career is the big solution, to give you alien abductions. Some people insist that even with the broken patch, this will guarantee you an abduction, and stop whining, your problem is solved. Well, not from my experience. Again, this is testing, so I used the cheat and bought the satellite to test this theory. I had to turn off my aging of the male sim because he was aging up too fast, with me waiting for an abduction. :( I've had the satellite and been using it every night for sim weeks and no abduction has ever occurred. I have got packs of aliens visiting my house, almost every other night or so, but this is not helpful since the "patch" and male pregnancy has been broken. He has impregnated several of those females, but again, he is not getting pregnant. So it's seems that now the only way to get pregnant is from abduction, but can't test this, because I am sure that abductions are now broken too!

This is all very frustrating and makes me so upset that EA always goes to the extreme on "fixing" something. It really is a case of let's do the quickest and easiest thing we can to give the people complaining what they want. So, they just go in code and lower the rate numbers, in the process literally, making it obsolete. The best option but not the easiest or quickest for them, would have been to make some type of on/off switch or toggle, so people could pick to have alien abductions and male pregnancy.

I'm really bummed about what is happening "post patch" and not exactly sure where to go from here until they do something to rectify their mistake. I am trying to come up with a "post patch" variation to do as an option, at least until I find out if EA is planning to make things right. I am open to any suggestions you would like to share. I'm really struggling with this and fighting hard to get something done on the Sims 4 forums. I have started a couple of threads on the forums if you would like to go and share your own plead for them to fix this issue!! I would really appreciate your support in this way! The more people they hear wanting this fixed the more likely they will not be able to just sweep it under the rug! I love you all and thanks so much for all your continued support!

My forum name is satorimoon. Here are the links to the two threads I started:

WHAT ABOUT US ALIEN LOVERS???!! WANT MALE PREGNANCY BACK!!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829019/what-about-us-alien-lovers-want-male-pregnancy-back/p1

EA RUINED MALE PREGNANCY! SMH
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829017/ea-ruined-male-pregnancy-smh

Thanks again! <3
Myaa Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment